2008年9月4日 星期四

Why am I doing PGDP?

School has started, finally, after a 4 months holiday. My passion towards children education seems to be cooled down a little bit by a series of holiday activities which tired me out. So, now I shall set aside some time and remind myself of what led me apply for the programme 9 months ago.

* * *
I want to work with children because they are cute and good in nature. They usually make me smile when I see their innocent faces and hear their interesting and bright conversations. All children deserve a happy life! However, not all of them enjoy a fulfilling life due to various reasons, e.g. adults' selfishness and weaknesses. I would like to play a part in equipping them with life skills, which hoepfully could shape them into glamourous stars on the stage of life.

* * *
Teachers are the adults other than parents whom kids meet every day. Being a primary school teacher, I could influence my pupils positively. But why do I choose to major in English instead of Chinese, Maths etc?

* * *
I like English but learning English was a disaster for me! I remember that I failed the first English test in P.1 and I can still recall how nervous I was when I took "G.E. tests" in P.4 - I left many spaces blank! Thankfully, my English was better in sec. school and the opportunity to study in U.K. for A Level increased my confidence in using English. Although my English today is still far from perfect, I am sure my experience allows me to understand the students. I would try my best to help them acquire English language enjoyably!



In the next entry, I will share about my primary English teachers!

2 意見:

Unknown 提到...

Thanks for sharing.

a 4 months holiday
--> a four-month holiday
or
four months' holiday

Paul Sze 提到...

It's great, Joyce, that you want to become a primary English teacher because you like children. This is probably the most important quality for a primary teacher.

Thanks for sharing. Keep doing this.

Paul

 
Template by suckmylolly.com